Audio File Settings
Various types of audio files are supported, but the following are the minimum requirements:
Sampling Resolution: 8-bit
Number of Tracks: Monaural
Wave format (PCM uncompressed), MP3, WMA, AAC, or AIFF format
For best results, record your audio file at the recommended settings as a wave or AIFF file. MP3, WMA, and AAC files are compressed and therefore do not contain all of the original audio information.
To record using the recommended settings in Windows Sound Recorder in Windows XP, perform the following steps:
1. Click on File | Properties in the Sound Recorder menu.
2. Under Format Conversion, select Recording formats.
3. Click the Convert Now… button.
4. In the Format list, select PCM.
5. In the Attributes list, select 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Mono (or Stereo if you are recording in Split Stereo [Ensemble Edition only]).
6. Click the OK buttons twice to return to the main Sound Recorder window.
7. Now record your audio.